Tenis

Rafael Nadal will always be a hunted man – Boris Becker feels the Spaniard will have long road back

Legendary Boris Becker feels Rafael Nadal will have his work cut out upon his return to the tour in 2024. Nadal is currently recovering from a hip injury, which he suffered earlier in the year at Australian Open. The 22-time Grand Slam champion had to undergo surgery and he will aim to hit the ground running.

However, the German reckons the young generation is going to make it tough for Nadal, who has already announced that 2024 will be his final season on the tour.

Nadal had earlier said while talking to the media, “2024 is probably going to be my last year on the professional Tour. My motivation is to try and enjoy and say goodbye to all the tournaments that have been important to me.”

“First of all, it’s good news that he wants to play and is on the training field. It will be a long, rocky road back. The young wild ones don’t sleep. They don’t say: ‘Nadal, it’s nice that you came. We’ll let you win now,’ He will always be a hunted man,” Becker said to Eurosport.

Nadal had also earlier said he wanted to bid adieu while playing the game. Becker said a player like Nadal deserves to retire on the court and not because of an injury.

“Rafa is one of the most important players of all time, and a player like that has to stop on the court, not because of an injury. The family has to play along, he has a wife and now also a small son. Everyone has to join in to support him,” the German added.

Becker also backed Nadal to win the big tournaments on the tour in 2024.

“Nadal should go back on the court and play well. As far as I’m concerned, he can win big tournaments again.”

Related Post
Bagikan
Diterbitkan oleh
Id._.DaFaNeWs

Tulisan Terbaru

Bukayo Saka menandatangani rekor perpanjangan kontrak di Arsenal

Bukayo Saka telah menandatangani kontrak baru berdurasi lima tahun dengan Arsenal FC yang akan membuatnya… Baca Selengkapnya

February 18, 2026

Playoff Liga Champions: Galatasaray menghancurkan Juventus 5-2

Pada hari Selasa, Galatasaray menghancurkan Juventus dengan skor 5-2 di babak play-off knockout Liga Champions… Baca Selengkapnya

February 18, 2026

Bayern membatalkan rencana untuk merekrut Nicolas Jackson secara permanen di musim panas

Bayern Munich berhasil mencapai target bursa transfer musim dingin mereka dengan mengamankan masa depan para… Baca Selengkapnya

February 18, 2026

Legenda Manchester United meningkatkan ekspektasi terhadap Carrick

Manajer interim Manchester United, Michael Carrick, telah diberitahu bahwa ia harus mengamankan posisi empat besar… Baca Selengkapnya

February 17, 2026

Celtic bersiap menghadapi laga krusial Liga Europa melawan Stuttgart yang sedang dalam performa bagus

Celtic mengalihkan fokus mereka ke kompetisi Eropa pekan ini saat mereka menjamu VfB Stuttgart di… Baca Selengkapnya

February 17, 2026

Spalletti: Akan terlalu keras untuk melarang Bastoni dari tim nasional

Luciano Spalletti mengatakan bahwa seruan untuk melarang Alessandro Bastoni bermain di tim nasional akan terlalu… Baca Selengkapnya

February 17, 2026